As of November 23, 2020, the Government of Ontario is moving certain public health unit regions to new levels in the Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework. These new levels will put Peel Public Health and Toronto Public Health into Lockdown. Restrictions will also increase across the province. Regional restrictions are based on public health unit boundaries. Find your public health unit.
Under these new regulations, construction remains essential in all zones across Ontario. The mobility of workers from grey “lockdown” zones to lower zones for work purposes does not appear to be restricted. Businesses and organizations in “Lockdown” regions that are permitted to open must have a COVID-19 workplace safety plan, including business-specific restrictions. The plan must be available on site for a Ministry inspection. You can find a template COVID-19 workplace safety plan here.
The OGCA is working closely with the industry and government to support the safe ongoing operation of construction during the second wave of COVID-19. You can get more information about COVID-19 and up-to-date information on restrictions at the Government of Ontario website. The government has also made screening mandatory and provided a new COVID-19 Screening Tool For Workplaces to help employers keep workplaces safe.
To provide up-to-date health and safety information, the OGCA has partnered with the League of Champions on a series of webinars on how to keep workers safe, both physically and mentally. You can find the recordings and presentations from the webinar series here.
We aim to provide members and the public with an easily navigable space with all the relevant information needed regarding the restarting of ICI construction after COVID-19. We have also reached out to our Associate Partners and others for the information they wish to share with you.
Please keep checking this post to stay informed.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
- Ontario Government COVID-19 Website
- Mask for Source Control in Non-Healthcare Workers
- Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework
- COVID-19 Screening Tool For Workplaces
- Template COVID-19 workplace safety plan
LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS
- League of Champions Webinars
- The LOC Webinar Series, 2020-08-18, COVID-19 Best Practices – What Has Worked (August 18)
GOVERNMENT SUPPORTS FOR CONTRACTORS
- COVID-19 Screening Tool For Workplaces – Businesses and Organizations (September 25)
- Service Canada Programs and Services for Individuals (April 14)
- Service Canada Programs and Services for Employers (April 14)
Daily Commercial News – COVID-19 Special Feature
- COVID-19 Knowledge Portal – from Fasken (April 27)
- COVID-19 Resource Portal – from WeirFoulds LLP (April 22)
- OHSA/WSIB Questions Answered – from Fasken (April 13)
- Updates on COVID-19 / WSIB – from Les Liversidge LLB (April 16)
FROM ASSOCIATE PARTNERS
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions updated to May 8 – from Sherrard Kuzz
- The Impact Of COVID-19 On The Construction Industry: A Reference Guide To The Changed Landscape
- Construct Connect delayed project reports: A timely update of projects that have pushed the bid date or cancelled to COVID (regionally and cross-provincially)
- Navigating Business through a Global Pandemic -More Advice related to Contractor Shutdown – from Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company (April 16)
- How to test your mask – from Alliance Creative (April 10)
- Managing Temporary Project Suspensions – from Petrela Winter & Associates (April 10)
FROM INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Supply of Ready Mixed Concrete – from Concrete Ontario (September 29)
- Coronavirus Contractor Surveys – from Ontario Construction Secretariat
- Effective MCEA Consultation during the COVID-19 Pandemic – from Municipal Engineers Association (April 17)
FROM INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
Please note that OGCA has done a cursory review of the items shown below, but members (and others) should do their own due diligence to ensure the items are approved. We take no responsibility for delivery or payment of these items.