OGCA advocates for members to safeguard and promote their interests.
Our government relations strategy is built on four levels of engagement with the Ontario Government.
- Communicate to members and the industry on the on how legislative and regulatory change will impact them.
- Establish a positive awareness with the provincial government of the OGCA, support the government’s awareness of General Contracting issues and our contribution to the provincial economy, and occupational health and safety.
- Work with the government to propose and/or support initiatives that would safeguard or promote the interests of general contractors.
- When necessary intervene to oppose or amend proposals that would significantly damage the industry or individual members.
Infrastructure is Essential for Cities to Survive
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDBC)
- Canada Customs & Revenue Agency
- Canada Pension Plan
- Education & Training
- Electrical Safety Authority
- Employment Insurance
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Human Resources & Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
- Ministry of Economic Development, Trade & Tourism
- Ministry of Government Services
- Ministry of Labour
- Office of the Employer Adviser
- Ontario Statutes Online
- Selling to the Federal Government
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
- WorkSmart Ontario