The Bridging Program is focused on attracting new graduates and newcomers who are interested in exploring the career paths of Project Manager and Site Supervisor roles in construction, starting with training and an opportunity for paid work placement as a Project Coordinator or similar.
- Participants receive in-class and virtual training targeted to bridge the knowledge and competency gaps for new graduates and newcomers, helping participants find success to start a career in construction.
- Sessions include: Introduction to the Construction Landscape, Health and Safety, and Soft Skills Development focused on construction-specific scenarios.
Potential for Paid Work Placement:
- *Work placement is not guaranteed through competitive interview process.
Project Coordinator / Field Coordinator or similar responsibilities could include:
- Be actively involved in the coordination of a project;
- Assist the Project Manager and/or Site Supervisor in daily tasks;
- Work with shop drawings;
- Ensure the follow-up of site directives;
- Prepare change notices;
- Follow up on technical communications
You are eligible to apply to the Pathways to ICI program if you are:
- A new graduate with a post-secondary degree or diploma who is interested in working in the construction industry (construction related education and experience is an asset but not required) OR
- A newcomer with less than 5 years in Canada who is interested working in the construction industry. Construction related education and/or experience outside of Canada is required.
- Able to commit to the Training Session Schedule (every Tuesday & Thursday evening from 7:00pm – 9:00pm starting mid-January 2023 until end of March 2023).
Note: Sessions will be in person at the OGCA Office (180 Attwell Drive) with some virtual sessions
- Eligible to legally work in Canada (work permit, SIN card, etc.)
- Valid G Ontario Driver’s License and access to vehicle
- Reside in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) – in-person training and work placement opportunities will be located in the GTA
- Excited to Explore a Career Path in Construction!
Examples of Construction & Related Fields:
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Planning (Urban, Community, Environmental)
- Skilled Trades
- And more!
What You Need to Apply:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest and Resume
- A maximum 2-minute video to introduce yourself and share why you are interested in working in construction. Note: We do not require an edited or formatted video; just a simple video recorded on your phone or other device.
How to Apply:
- This is a free platform and is accessible to everyone.
- Please use WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com) to upload your cover letter, resume and video.
- Send the email link to Pathways@ogca.ca.
DO NOT email your documents directly as the video will be too big and we will not receive it.
Please Note: Please save documents in the following format:
Important: The Program has 30 spots available. Don’t wait to apply. We will be reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and offering the successful candidates a place in the program on an ongoing basis until the 30 participant spots have been filled.
Thank you for your interest in the Pathways to ICI Program and for your interest in exploring a career in construction.
Please Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, we are unable to inform all applicants on the status of their applications.
Develop On-the-job Upskilling Toolkits & Train-the-Trainer Program for existing employees, specifically Project Managers and Site Supervisors, to support individual growth, strengthen employee retention and foster succession planning.
For more information on the Toolkits for Project Managers and Site Supervisors or to participate in the Train-the-Trainer Program please contact: