OGCA advocates for members to safeguard and promote their interests.
Our government relations strategy is built on four levels of engagement with the Ontario Government.
- Communicate to members and the industry on the on how legislative and regulatory change will impact them.
- Establish a positive awareness with the provincial government of the OGCA, support the government’s awareness of General Contracting issues and our contribution to the provincial economy, and occupational health and safety.
- Work with the government to propose and/or support initiatives that would safeguard or promote the interests of general contractors.
- When necessary intervene to oppose or amend proposals that would significantly damage the industry or individual members.
Infrastructure is Essential for Cities to Survive
Premier Kathleen Wynne announced her new Cabinet on June 13, 2016. Click here to see the listing.
Solstice Canada has published a commentary on the Cabinet Reboot. Click here to read.
Resource Link List
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDBC)
- Canada Customs & Revenue Agency
- Canada Pension Plan
- Education & Training
- Electrical Safety Authority
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Employment Insurance
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure
- Ministry of Government Services
- Ministry of Labour
- Office of the Employer Adviser
- Ontario Statutes Online
- Selling to the Federal Government
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
- WorkSmart Ontario