The OGCA wants to give a voice to general contractors. We work with our members and partners to drive solutions to the industry’s problems. Every decision we make is guided by what’s best for our members and ICI general contractors while contributing positively to our communities.
In all our activities, member engagement in advocacy is essential. We want to make your voice heard! The best way to do this is to participate in our campaigns.
1) Support Industry Through COVID-19
We aim to provide members, association partners, and the public with an easily navigable space with all the relevant information needed regarding the restarting of ICI construction after COVID-19.
2) Infrastructure Investment
The OGCA believes that the construction industry will be a critical agent of Ontario’s economic recovery from the impact of COVID-19. In order to advance this important issue, we are working across the industry to ensure that government understands the impact of investing in critical infrastructure.
If you would like to send a submission on this important issue, we have made it fast and easy for OGCA members to do so through the OGCA advocacy website.
3) Addressing the skills deficit
The OGCA is a member of the Ontario Skilled Trades Alliance and has been working to end the stigma associated with the construction trades and break down barriers for those interested in a career in the construction industry.
We are also working with the government to reduce the burden on employers who train apprentices with incentives such as the Apprenticeship Tax Credit.
4) Fair Procurement Practices
The OGCA is actively working with industry and government to ensure competitiveness and a fair procurement process for all contractors.
Government Relations Resources:
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDBC)
- Canada Customs & Revenue Agency
- Canada Pension Plan
- Education & Training
- Electrical Safety Authority
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Employment Insurance
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure
- Ministry of Government Services
- Ministry of Labour
- Office of the Employer Adviser
- Ontario Statutes Online
- Selling to the Federal Government
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
- WorkSmart Ontario