- What personal information we collect, how and why we collect it;
- Who we share your personal information with; and
- The choices you have to access, update, and remove your personal information from the service.
OGCA manages the collection of all information in accordance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). OGCA generally collects only regular business card information such as name, title, business address, business email and business phone number (business card information). Business card information is not considered personal information under PIPEDA nor by OGCA.
In the event that personal information other than business card information is collected by OGCA, the below Policy applies.
What Types of Information do we collect?
OGCA collects data related to users of our website (https://ogca.ca hereinafter referred to as the “Site”, users of the Site, referred to hereinafter as “Site users”). The data we collect may include the following information:
- Site user’s contact information (name, address, company, title, phone, fax, email, web, social media handles) and business contact information for references: this information is collected in order to process membership applications for the OGCA.
- Billing information and or financial information: If you complete a membership application form, you will need to provide us with payment and billing information as part of the application process.
- The Site user’s IP address: IP addresses are collected about you as part of your use of the services (e.g. for the purpose of recording country level location and IP addresses used when using our services).
Cookies or web beacons placed by our third party service providers do not collect personal information, and the third party service providers do not have access to or use your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other personal information; they may however, anonymously track your usage across our services and other websites or mobile applications in their networks. We limit companies that place our ads from using information for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts.
While we do not offer an opt-out on the site for cookies, browsers provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your Web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to. You then have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion.
How Long do We Retain Your Data for?
OGCA only retains personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. For further details on our data retention periods please contact us.
Consent for Personal Information
By providing OGCA with your personal information through our Site or any of our forms, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this Policy or for the purposes identified to you at the time you provided the personal information. Any secondary use of the personal information will only be processed with your express consent, or you will be provided with an opportunity to opt-out.
Please note that OGCA reserves the right to update or change this Policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by posting an updated Policy on this website or as made available through the services. The most current version of this Policy will govern OGCA’s use of users’ personal information.
To Whom is the Data Disclosed?
OGCA will disclose personal information only if consent is given by the relevant individual or:
- (a) when permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process;
- (b) to a transferee of all or part of OGCA;
- (c) to OGCA’s third party service providers in accordance with this Policy; or
- (d) to meet legal obligations, including but not limited to regulatory reporting obligations
OGCA uses third party service providers including LiveRamp and Naylor Association Solutions with respect to its website and services. To the extent that any personal information is provided to these third parties, OGCA requires that the providers be bound by obligations consistent with this Policy and that such providers only collect, use or disclose the personal information of OGCA Site users for the purposes of providing OGCA services.
Where do we Store Your Data?
Servers are located in Canada, with backup servers to manage load located in Arizona, U.S.A. Your personal information may be processed in Canada and/or the U.S. by us or the third parties we use.
How is the Data Secured?
OGCA is concerned with the security of the data we have collected and has in place reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to that information. These measures include policies, procedures, and technical elements relating to data access controls. Please note however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
You have the right to access personal information that OGCA processes about you.
You can request from us information about:
- The personal information we hold about you;
- The categories of personal information concerned;
- The purposes of the processing;
- Details to whom your personal information has/will be disclosed;
- How long we retain your personal information;
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source;
- How to lodge a complaint with the correct supervisory authority;
You may also request from us the following-
- That we update any incomplete or inaccurate data about you;
- Request that we delete your personal information in accordance with applicable laws;
Should you believe your data has been used in a way that is not consistent with this policy or your stated preferences, or should you have further questions related to this policy, please contact Steven Crombie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure your data is protected, if we receive a request from you to exercise your rights, we will ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request.
OGCA has designated a Privacy Officer to handle privacy matters and inquiries regarding personal information. For contact information, please see the end of this Policy.
OGCA shall comply with, and provide Site users with reasonable assistance in compliance with applicable laws with respect to any unauthorized use, access or disclosure of personal information.
ACCESS, QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
An individual who has submitted personal information to OGCA may submit a written request to access or correct his or her personal information retained by OGCA.
All correspondence should be sent to the following address:
180 Attwell Drive, Suite 280
Toronto, Ontario M9W 6A9
Phone Number: (905) 671-3969